After the success of the first Athens Circular Forum in bringing the Circular Agenda at the heart of the public debate, this year the Athens Circular Forum II took place on May 31 and June 1, as the Partner Event for Greece in the #EUGreenWeek, under the auspices of the EU Commission and the Greek Ministry of Environment and Energy.
#ACF2 is recognised as an integral part of the most impactful pan-European policy event, where key market actors, leading decision-makers, civil society institutions, responsible investors and active citizens join forces from all over Europe to pave the way towards #ZeroPollution, to achieve carbon neutrality by 2050.
ACF 2021 was organised by a network of the most active players in the green transition in Greece, including the Bank of Greece, Sporos Platform, Symbiosis, EIT Climate-KIC Hub Greece, “Athena” Research Center, the Regional Growth Conference, the University of the Aegean, UN SDSN Greece, the Green Fund, LIFE NCP and the Hellenic Association of Space Industry to bring you high-level discussions with distinguished guests and the best examples in the market, right now, of what this Circular Transition will look like for everyday life. The 2021 edition of the Athens Circular Forum will be multi-platform, live-streamed and with significant content to be provided on the website for a holistic overview of the Green Transition in Greece.
Moderator: Alexandros Karydis, co-chair of ACF
- Phoebe Koundouri, Athens University of Economics and Business; Director of Sustainable Development Unit and EIT Climate-KIC Hub Greece, Athena RC; Fellow World Academy of Art and Science; President-Elect of the EAERE; Co-chair UN SDSN Europe
“General overview of EU and national policy framework for the Green transition”
- Ioannis Tsakiris, Deputy Minister for Public Investments and the Growth Pact, Ministry of Development & Investments
“How Green Investments can boost competitiveness, regional growth and new jobs”
- Apostolos Tzitzikostas, President of the European Committee of the Regions, Governor of Central Macedonia Region
“Smart and Circular Regions: the way forward for EU integration”
- Ioannis Kaltsas, EIB, Head of Division for Greece and Cyprus
“ESG as the new norm: the role of Institutional Investors for a sustainable & just transition”
- Yannis Tzortzis, President, Legal Experts Committee of the Greek Just Transition Development Plan
“The Greek Way to decarbonisation: a success law story”
You may watch the discussion here
Learn more and watch all the recordings here