The EU H2020 funded BRIDGE-BS R&I project hosting 1st Summer School in order to upskill and ensure the understanding of the challenges and opportunities to be addressed for a sustainable Blue Economy across the Black Sea.
The first summer school will be organized by targeting graduate students from Black Sea riparian countries in the last week of August 2022 (for a total of 4 days, including the arrival day) and will be hosted by one of the facilities of the Istanbul University (IU) in Turkey. The courses provided during the summer school will cover the main aspects related to the Black Sea ecosystem and the challenges and opportunities faced by prominent economic activities for a sustainable Blue Economy in the Black Sea: i) management of marine living resources (fisheries and aquaculture), ii) green ports and sustainable transport, iii) coastal and maritime tourism, iv) renewable marine energies, v) blue-biotechs.
Date: 23-25 August 2022 (22 August, Arrival Day)
Location: İstanbul, Turkey
- Fill out an online application form
- Deadline: 30 June 2022
Fees, Costs, and Visa
- All selected participants will attend the summer school free of charge and in person.
- Selected participants’ accommodation (4 nights in shared dormitories: 2-people of the same gender), lunches, and some dinners will be covered by Istanbul University.
- Subsistence costs in Istanbul for the duration of the training, are borne by the participants.
- All participants are responsible for complying with the entry requirements to Turkey. Participants who need to be in possession of a visa should organize their visa procedure and cover the costs of granting it. Istanbul University and BRIDGE-BS Project support the accepted candidates with an invitation letter.
- Accommodation and travel arrangements will be organized by Istanbul University for the selected students.
Candidates should fulfill the following conditions:
- Only graduate students of any discipline related to the Blue Economy (economy, research, and/or policy) will be considered;
- Candidates should be graduate students from Bulgaria, Georgia, Romania, Moldova, Turkey, and Ukraine;
- Candidates should have a good working knowledge of English (level B2 or higher)
Learn more and apply here
Athens University of Economics and Business – Research Center is partner of the BRIDGE-BS project. AUEB’s Research team on Socio-Economic and Environmental Sustainability (ReSEES) lab does socio-economics and policy-relevant interdisciplinary research on environmental, natural resources, and energy issues.