The effects of our present climate emergency are becoming increasingly evident in innumerable aspects of life on Earth. Increasing global temperatures, rising sea levels, extreme weather phenomena, ocean acidification, melting ice, and depletion of glaciers threaten food production, make certain coastal areas uninhabitable, drive species to extinction, and lead to the forcible displacement of human and animal populations. The SNF DIALOGUES open 2020 with a discussion that concerns us all. On Wednesday, January 29 at 18:30 we meet at the Goulandris Natural History Museum (Othonos 100, Kifissia) to talk about climate change. We will review the scientific evidence, discuss the roles of technology and education in tackling climate change, and examine use and abuse of the term “climate change, ” now ubiquitous in social activism and the international political agenda.
- Eleni Andreadis, Αuthor, Educator and Sustainability Specialist and Founder of the non-profit organization Planet Agents
- Evangelos Gerasopoulos, Research Director National Observatory of Athens
- Phoebe Koundouri, Prof. of School of Economics and ReSEES Laboratory Director, Athens University of Economics and Business; President-Elect European AERE; Director EIT Climate KIC Hub Greece, European Institute of Innovation and Technology; Co-Chair United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network-Greece; Chair European Forest Institute; Member Climate Change Committee, Greek Ministry of Environment and Energy.
- Iosif Botetzagias, Associate Professor of Environmental Politics & Policy at the Department of Environment, University of the Aegean
- Climate & Energy Campaigner of Greenpeace in Greece, Takis Grigoriou, Director WWF Greece Demetres Karavellas,
- the President of The Goulandris Natural History Museum, Fali Vogiatzaki, will also participate in a brief intervention.
Furthermore, the event will be live streamed via www.SNF.org/live and will be available on demand in both video and podcast format on the SNF’s website.
The DIALOGUES are curated and moderated by Anna-Kynthia Bousdoukou.
Wach all the event here