On the 19th of September 2023, Professor Phoebe Koundouri moderated the session titled “Data, knowledge, and Technology to Combat the Climate Crisis” during the 11th Annual International Conference on Sustainable Development (ICSD). This year’s theme was, “The Midpoint of the SDGs: Global and Local Progress & Challenges”.
Recognizing the need for leaders worldwide to take immediate decisive action, the research community is poised to provide science-based recommendations to combat the climate crisis and prevent further deterioration.
This session aimed to spotlight research papers that exemplify how an array of comprehensive data, knowledge, and technologies from various domains can be leveraged to formulate tailored action plans and workable solutions for individual countries. The central themes emphasized in these papers encompassed:
- The utilization of existing technologies.
- The advancement of circular economy practices.
- The integration of nature-based solutions.
- The embrace of digitalization.
- The promotion of innovation commercialization.
- The development of sustainable finance and adaptation investment strategies.
- The advocacy for policy reforms.
For more information, please visit https://ic-sd.org/.