On Friday, May 12, 2023, Prof. Phoebe Koundouri, as President of the European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists (EAERE), has the pleasure to present the activities undertaken by EAERE since 2021 during the EAERE Country Representatives Meeting.
What EAERE achieved since January 2021:
- EAERE continues to support two prestigious journals: Environmental and Resource Economics (ERE) with an Impact Factor (IF) of 4.955, and the Review of Environmental Economics and Policy (REEP) with an IF of 7.048.
- EAERE Book Series with Cambridge University Press that offers authoritative research, analysis, and pedagogy in the field of environmental, natural resource, and development economics.
- Has been highly successful in its engagements with prominent international organizations such as the UNFCCC, IPCC, ECHA, European Climate Pact, and COP27.
- Policy statement in support of the EU Fit for 55 initiative, which received endorsements from over 1000 renowned economists
- EAERE holds observer status in the UNFCCC and IPCC – actively participates in the meetings of the European Chemical Agency (ECHA) Socio-Economic Assessment Committee (SEAC).
- Engaged in the European Climate Pact, COP27, the CEPR/EAERE webinar series, and the EAERE Science-Policy-Business webinar series.
- EAERE 2022, held at the University of Bologna, received a total of 1238 full paper submissions, of which 655 (53%) were accepted, and 532 have been selected for inclusion in the final program. Due to the ongoing pandemic, we had to carefully manage attendance, resulting in a higher-than-usual rejection rate to ensure the safety and quality of the conference.
- EAERE 2023 will take place in Limassol, Cyprus, from June 27 to June 30.
- EAERE Winter Schools from year 2024, for 5 years in collaboration with the University of Graz – Call for expression of interest will be launched in the Summer
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Initiative, which was highlighted by an online open discussion on gender and its representation on April 27, 2023.
World Council of Environmental and Resource Economists Associations (WCEREA):
- EAERE has strengthened its involvement in the World Council of Environmental and Resource Economists Associations (WCEREA) and focused on the organization of the world congress in 2026, but also and importantly, common scientific events and initiatives.
- EAERE President is currently the Chair of WCEREA
For more details on EAERE’s actions see the attached presentation