On Friday, April 29, 2022, at the Trevi Conference Center in Rome, Ethics and Economics and the European Commission Delegation to Italy organized a conference on PNRR, the National Plan for Recovery and Sustainability.
The aim was to make a first reflection on the progress of the Italian PNRR and to introduce it to the European dimension, moving away from the purely national debate and exchange of experiences of different PNRRs. The event also represented an important opportunity to review the common challenges faced by the various Member States, to reflect on the state of implementation and to identify best practices and lessons learned.
Prof. Phoebe Koundouri gave a speech at the Event on Recovery and Resilience Plans in Europe: from words to deeds in the panel:
“Delivering on an inclusive green transition”
What is the contribution of the RRPs to the green transition? How they will contribute to reach national and EU objectives? How to ensure a fair and inclusive transition in the current geopolitical context? What challenges in the preparation and implementation of the RRPs on these aspects?
Moderator: Duilio Giammaria, Journalist, author and TV host
- Paolo D’Aprile, Head of Department, Mission Unit for RRP, Ministry for the Ecological Transition, Italy
- Asbjørn Brink, Ministry of Finance, Head of Division, Division for Climate, Green Economy and EU, Denmark
- Margret Schneider, Policy Advisor at the Ministry for the Economy and Climate Action, Germany (via videoconference)
- Johannes Luebking, Principal Adviser, Recovery and Resilience Task Force, European Commission
- Phoebe Koundouri, Professor, Athens University of Economics and Business, President EAERE.
The event was attended by national representatives, social partners, academics and embassies of the European Union. The countries involved are 8: Italy, France, Spain, Germany, Denmark, Romania, Greece and Belgium.
Find attached the programme: Event_RRPs-in-Europe_29-April_Rome-2
Watch the full event:
(Speech of Prof. Koundouri from 1:07:00 to 1:28:00)