The National Centre for Climate Change gathered international decision and policymakers, representatives of international organizations, experts, academics and opinion leaders at the “Just Transition in Practice. Human-Oriented Solutions” conference on Dec. 8th, 2021 to discuss, identify and share practical, human-oriented solutions implemented in the process of Just Transition. The discussion focused on the impact of Just Transition on the quality of life, vocational skills and labour market issues, the role of social dialog in Just Transition, as well as cultural and identity changes brought about by Just Transition. The conference was held under the honorary patronage of the Ministry of Climate and Environment of the Republic of Poland and Global Climate Action by UNFCCC and was financed by the National Fund for Environmental Protection and Water Management.
Prof. Koundouri as President Elect of the European Association of Environmental and Natural Resource Economists participated at the second session of the conference and you may watch her speech here.
- Phoebe Koundouri – President Elect of the European Association of Environmental and Natural Resource Economists
- Wolfahrt Pohl – Lead Specialist, Environmental and Social Sustainability at The World Bank (pre-recorded message)
- Robert Marinkovic – Adviser for Climate and Green Economy, International Organisation of Employers
- Remy Sietchiping – Chief of the Policy, Legislation and Governance Section, UN Habitat
- Antoni Bielewicz – Director, European Climate Foundation Poland